Friday, October 3, 2008

the path continues.

wow it's been quite a while since i've updated this ol' thing...let's recap.

i have since completed what i like to call the "first round" interviews for the roadways scholarship. i met just with jennifer and her new assistant, andrea. it went rather well, i'd say. jennifer has a lot of confidence in me, which in turn helps me feel positive about my abilities and my chances of getting further with this. she even went as far to say that if it was up to her and andrea to choose the recipients, that i would have a guaranteed spot. =) 

from here, i wait the rest of october and they hope to have the final interviews scheduled for mid-late november. but for sure before christmas. at that interview, i'll meet with a panel of representatives: cardiologists, neurologists, pediatricians, an HR rep from CHW are just a few that'll be there. we all sit around a table...and. well. talk. they ask me questions, find out who i am, what i want to do with my career, why i'm choosing what i'm drawn to, etc. while a part of me feels it's going to be extremely intimidating and nerve daunting, a bigger part of me is super stoked. i interview better than i make myself appear on paper (or at least i'm told) so this will give me a chance to let the selection committee see who i really am, and explain my story. i'm excited. 

if all goes well, i'll be accepted. that means: CHW will pay for the rest of my education as i get my nursing degree. it also means i've got a for sure-set in stone-no backing out job for a minimum of 3 years. not too shabby. it also gives such an EXCELLENT chance to network. but more than that, i get in right away. =) haha. 

rumor has it chandler/gilbert is in the working phases of beginning an accelerated program. if that's up, the first group will begin this upcoming may and finish in 18 months. no summer breaks. based on my education history, jennifer says i'm a perfect match for that program. if it's up, she's highly recommending me for it. if it's not, then i'll begin nursing school in fall '09. 

so that basically recapped my interview/meeting. but as for school, 202 is a lot different than 201. i'm enjoying it oh so much more than 201. no matter how much i enjoy it though, i'm ready to be done with school and working already. 

but...all in good time... 

No comments: