Sunday, June 15, 2008

grades are in.

My first exam as a nursing student (well, baby nursing student. haha) is completed, submitted, and graded. 78.9 was recorded. The grade sheet that went around class on Thursday said 79.3. Interesting? Either way. It's a C+. Better than I did on my first A&P exam 3 years ago by 3 percent. While it's not as good as I would have liked, it's a bit better than I was expecting. 

Unfortunately I can't say the same about my lab exam I took the night before. I was expecting at least a B. I got a 77.8. Arg. I'm sensing a pattern. haha. I know what the tests are like now, I know what my teacher is looking for. This next section exam should be better. Plus it's only 3 chapters, not 6. =/ 

Tomorrow marks the beginning of week 3 for the class. I'm over half-way done...it's surreal. I'm excited! Fall will bring A&P 2 and spring will be the dreaded Microbiology. ooof. I'm not sure how that'll go...

I realized after some things that were mentioned this weekend, I'm more sure that this is the route I'm supposed to be taking. While there's plenty I don't know, and I can't really imagine what the actual program will be like, I'm excited about the class still. I'm happy when I talk about it, I'm willing to commit my time and energy into learning the stuff (well, I'd still rather slack off and relax- it IS summer). But even when I'm at work, I'm more positive and happy; I know that my days are limited. When they ask me about class, I light up and am excited to share...

It's finally starting to feel right. 

No comments: